Agritech Integrations Manager
This role is perfectly suited to someone with strong knowledge of not only agricultural practises, but also exposure to the latest farming hardware and software. We want you to own Hummingbird's relationship with major international equipment manufacturers, finding ways to continue to integrate our analytics platform with existing and upcoming machinery. If this sounds like you, and you also would be interested to work for the KPMGs Best British Tech Startup 2019, you should continue reading!
Hummingbird was founded in 2016 and is the only remote sensing business in UK agriculture to use artificial intelligence which gathers information from drone, plane and satellite technology, combined with weather and soil data and expert plant pathology, to enable precision agriculture.
We use the most advanced machine learning and computer vision techniques, delivering actionable insights on crop health directly to the field. We were recently awarded KPMGs Best British Tech Startup 2019 and Cognition X Best AI Product for Agriculture 2018.
Existing backers of the business include The European Space Agency, Sir James Dyson, Horizon Ventures, Downing Ventures, Saudi Agriculture and Livestock Investment Company (SALIC) and Velcourt, the UK’s largest commercial farming operation. We also have tech partners which include Google UK and Cranfield University.
- Build new relationships and leverage existing contact channels with agricultural hardware and software companies
- Hardware: sprayers, weather technology
- Software: farm management systems
- Plan from scratch implementation projects, their timeline and their relevance
- Lead project teams of software developers and product managers across implementation projects
- Manage your time effectively across projects, but also showing the flexibility to adapt to changing circumstances
- Become Hummingbird's expert on agricultural equipment and agribusiness, globally
- 4+ years experience in an agricultural equipment company (tractors, sprayers, weather equipment, software)
- Project management and problem-solving experience in multiple environments or companies
- Genuine passion and interest in technology and remote sensing solutions within the agricultural domain
- Ability to create strong relationships in the agribusiness sector through a deep understanding of the global challenges of crop production
- The flexibility to switch between the highly technical scientific aspects of integrations, working closely with agronomists and other agricultural experts, whilst also being able to present complex information to non-technical stakeholders
- Good knowledge of all the domains that we work across:
- Yield prediction in agriculture
- Chemical applications within agriculture
- Remote sensing
- Machine Learning/Computer Vision
- Private Healthcare
- Government Pension scheme
- Flexible working
- Cycle to work scheme
- Extra day off for your birthday
- Discretionary bonus
- Learning & development allowance